Article Marketing Robot

Article Marketing Robot Discussion Forum
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:12 am 
Site Admin

This is probably the BIGGEST issues new users have with the software, so I am going to try and line everything up so that it makes sense.

I am coming from a cpanel point of view, so this post will be all about cpanel pop3 settings.

First, when creating a new author account, ensure that you are using a brand new email address.

1) create a brand new email on your domain using your CPANEL (eg: articles@supercow.com)
2) use that email in a brand new author account
3) ensure that the first/last names are unique (eg: Mortom Kingstli)
4) Fill in all the fields. Fax and About me are optional. The rest are required.
5) Ensure your password is one uppercase, one number and minimum 8 characters long (eg: Password1)
6) Don't put numbers in your First and Last name. That is instant rejection.

Note - The pen name is a combination of your First and Last name. If that pen name already exists in the directory, chances are article submission will fail.

Next - Pop3

Here are the common settings if you are using an email you created with cpanel. We'll say your email is "articles@supercow.com"

* Server: mail.supercow.com
* Port: 110
* SSL: Unchecked
* Account Name: articles+supercow.com
* Password: Whateveritis
* SPA: Unchecked
* Delete: Unchecked

Note the PLUS+ sign in the account name

Hit the test button - It should succeed.

I have had users entering their cpanel username/password as the account name. This is wrong. You need to use the email+domain.com, just like the email address that you used in the author account. These absolutely need to match.

Issues people have:

1) They set outlook or some other email program to download emails from the email account, thus deleting the emails from the server. Doing this leaves nothing for AMR to check, so naturally it will fail.

2) They use their Cpanel login information instead of the email login information. The test will pass, but no emails will be found.

* this post will be updated as new discoveries are made *